[rt-users] REST mail-gateway using 100% cpu

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Fri Jan 24 14:00:02 EST 2014

On Wednesday 15 of January 2014, Kevin Falcone wrote:

> It will be re-queued and tried again
> when it fails to submit to RT, so it'll be somewhere in your queues

I find it to not always be true. For example when our mysql died then rt-
mailgate didn't return any error BUT rt itself created bounces with "Ticket
creation failed: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender".

So this means customers messages were lost (we fortunately recovered these
from other sources), not requeued obviously and customers were scared with
"Ticket could not be created due to an internal error" mail bodies.

I would even mark this as a "important bug" (as loosing messages is important)
but well...

rt 4.0.18

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / maven.pl