[rt-users] ShowCustomFields extremely slow.

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Mon Jan 27 16:15:27 EST 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 10:06 +0100, Michelle Sullivan wrote:
> After upgrade to v4.0.17 from 3.x loading tickets is extremely slow..
> can anyone give me any clues please...?

What version were you upgrading from?  What database backend are you
using?

> Profiler shows this for a load of a single ticket:
>
>  /Ticket/Display.html BEGINS {{{
>      /autohandler {{{
>          /Elements/SetupSessionCookie {{{
>          /Elements/SetupSessionCookie }}} 0.2310

The fact that even cookie setup takes a quarter of a second is
problematic, and suggests that your database badly needs tuning.

>                                  /Elements/ShowCustomFields {{{
>                                  /Elements/ShowCustomFields }}} 429.2604

Your database's slow query log will hopefully shed some light on the
query/queries that are being problematic.

>                                  /Elements/ShowUser {{{
>                                      /Elements/ShowUserConcise {{{
>                                      /Elements/ShowUserConcise }}} 0.0014
>                                  /Elements/ShowUser }}} 0.4606

The fact that displaying a user takes half a second is another sign that
your database accesses, in general, are being problematic.
 - Alex