[rt-users] clone ticket in RT 4.2

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Mon Jan 27 17:17:54 EST 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 21:13 +0000, Brent Wiese wrote:
> I saw under the “General User UI” fixes in 4.2.2:
>
> * Fix "Clone ticket" functionality with Select-multiple custom fields.
>

> I don’t see anything in my UI about cloning a ticket. This is actually
> a feature I’ve been desiring, but the old plugin to do it didn’t work
> in the 4.x branch.
>

> Am I missing something in the UI or is this a back-end thing that
> isn’t what I’m thinking/hoping it is?

This refers to the "(Create)" links in the Links box.  Clicking on that
creates a new ticket, linked via whichever linking method you chose.  It
also picks up many properties of the original ticket, including custom
fields[1].  Select-multiple CFs failed to get transferred correctly;
that is what the release note refers to.
 - Alex

[1] It also copies over Time Worked, which is often considered a bug.
For backwards-compatibility, we've not changed this yet, but there's a
branch to fix that for 4.4.