[rt-users] RT 4.2 change scrip stage

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Thu Jan 30 03:25:16 EST 2014

Am 29.01.2014 18:44, schrieb Kevin Falcone:
> I assume you've discovered this by now, but just in case you haven't,
> the Stage of a scrip is settable on the Applies To page.

This is not very obviously (for a long time RT admin) ;-)

> You can actually have a given scrip run as Batch in one queue and
> Normal (new name for TransactionCreate) in the rest.  You can change
> the Stage and the Template when adding scrips per queue.

I think this flexibility is the reason why I have to unselect a scrip
from a queue and then select it again with a different stage, when I
want to change the stage of an queue scrip?! Also not very obviously.
Maybe you can add a 'Changing Script Stages' section to the 'What's New
in 4.2: Scrips Configuration' blog post.

By the way the new flexible script configuration (once I understand it
;-)) is great as I can remove some queue filter within the scrips and
also get rid of some repeated scrips for different queues.

> I did notice that our column map leaks the internal names for the
> stages and have filed a bug #28739.

There is also an useless Reset button on the scrip modify page.

I just started planning the upgrade to 4.2. If I find things like the
above I will send you pull request. So maybe you plan some extra time to
review my pull requests for the next weeks ;-)

Chris