[rt-users] Converting to using LDAP authentication (Active Directory)

Marius Flage marius at ksat.no
Thu Jan 30 03:44:51 EST 2014

Hi there!

We've been running RT for some months now with a local user database for
our agents and also for the auto-created users when they submit tickets.
Now we want to start using RT system-wide and we'd like to exploit LDAP
authentication (towards our corporate Active Directory). So the question
is basically if it's possible to convert/migrate to using LDAP and still
keep the history for the tickets already in the system (currently around
1500). We've made sure to use the same username in the local database as
the one present in Active Directory, so it should be easy to just
migrate/convert, but I'm not at all sure how to do this. Can someone
give me some pointers?

And what about groups in LDAP? Can these be exploited as well?

- Marius