[rt-users] Numeric custom field values

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Fri Jan 31 14:52:22 EST 2014

Hi.

I have some custom fields to track numeric priority independent of the built-in priority field.

This is an example of a search string I use:  Queue = 'helpdesk' AND 'CF.{Helpdesk Priority}' > 15
But this returns tickets where CF.{Helpdesk Priority} is set to 2
That leads me to believe that the operation being preformed is a string comparison (where 2 is indeed greater than 15), versus a numeric one.

So my question is:  is there a proper syntax to use in the search builder to treat those custom field values as numeric?

Thanks!
Brent