[rt-users] newbie RT/AD setup and priv questions

Hef hef at pbrfrat.com
Tue Jul 8 15:05:34 EDT 2014

AD users don't exist in RT until the login.

I use a combination of auto create on login, and a nightly cron job that
runs rtldapimport from this extension:
http://search.cpan.org/~tsibley/RT-Extension-LDAPImport-0.34/lib/RT/Extension/LDAPImport.pm.
That handles creating the users.

As for multi department, I would suggest using separate queues and not
seperate rt instances to divide up the work.  Each queue can have a custom
workflow and custom scrip actions.