[rt-users] Strange behaviour with Outlook attachments

Adam Siecinski adam.siecinski at provadis.de
Fri Jul 18 03:25:35 EDT 2014

Hello All,

i just discovered a strange behaviour while working with MS Outlook.
First of all, here's my setup:

RT 4.2.3
Mails are fetched via fetchmail from a specific folder in MS-Outlook.
So actually all my correspondence flows through that folder.
Everything went well for quite a long time but now i discovered something
weird.
As soon as the Customer sends an email which has attached email of a past
correspondence, RT sends out a copy of those email to the destination,
mentioned in the attachment.

Here's a example:
Owner1 sends mail1 to requestor1
Owner1 changes requestor of the Ticket from requestor1 to requestor2
Owner1 sends mail2 to requestor2
Requestor1 forwarded mail1 to requestor2
Requestor2 answers mail2 attaching mail1 (Outlook ".msg"-File)
RT sends a notification to Owner1
RT sends a copy of the answer-mail to reuqestor1

I tried to clarify this as good as possible. Let me know if you need more
Information.