[rt-users] Issues with permissions and Asset extension

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Sat Jul 19 02:13:30 EDT 2014

If your users require facilities beyond just creating and replying to their
own tickets, I would recommend setting those users up as within some group
rather than just privileged/unprivileged.  Then, you can simply use
rights/permissions to decide what is or isn't available to that group (and
therefore those users) in the web interface.

The "10 highest-priority cases I own" and "10 recent tickets without owner"
widgets can easily be altered or removed per user.  The system-default view
can also be completely customised; log in as a super user and play with
Admin > Global > RT at a Glance.

I have no experience with the Assets side of RT, so can't personally offer
more assistance on that front.