[rt-users] Vintage upgrade fails

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Thu Jul 24 08:57:15 EDT 2014

Running this step as the Unix root user should not be necessary.

The error message is interesting, because it suggests that RT is not
attempting to connect to the database as the correct database user.

Do you have two separate database user accounts set up for RT—one for
regular use, and one for database upgrades?

If not, consider running the following command instead:

/usr/bin/perl -I/opt/rt4/local/lib -I/opt/rt4/lib
sbin/rt-setup-database --action
upgrade --prompt-for-dba-password --dba XXX

where XXX is the name of the database user.