[rt-users] Vintage upgrade fails

"Tamás, Szép" tamas.szep at govcert.hu
Thu Jul 24 09:41:43 EDT 2014

Now it says (went back to the right snapshot ofcourse):

Processing 3.1.0
Now populating database schema.
Now inserting database ACLs.
DBI connect('dbname=rt4;host=localhost','root',...) failed: Access
denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 105.
Connect Failed Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)
 at /w/install/new/rt/sbin/../lib/RT.pm line 211.

FYI: as I work in a sandbox, everything is left as it was installed: RT
3.0.12 and IR 1.0.5. Have not edit a single file and that is why it is
strange to me because the upgrade should work fluently.

Should I try to create the 'rt_user' DB user? I don't think that would
be a solution but who knows.

Tamas