[rt-users] rtldapimport usage

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 24 10:53:48 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 03:32:55PM +0000, Karres, Dean wrote:
> Are there examples of using rtldapimport to import specific groups and just the
> group members?

You write the filter argument for groups/users (usually filtering on
group name) and run rtldapimport with --debug and NOT with --import
and you can easily see what RT would import.

BTW, a number of universities regularly import tens of thousands of
users into RT from their LDAP without issue.  In fact we recommend it
because it means autocomplete in RT user fields works properly and you
can have information readily available when a student submits a
ticket.

-kevin