[rt-users] Attempting to upgrade from 4.0.19 to 4.2.6

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 24 11:50:35 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:41:01AM -0500, Max McGrath wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  I wouldn't know how to do either of those things!  So
> no, I haven't. :)
>
> According to CPAN it is installed: Symbol::Global::Name is up to date (0.05)
>
> I guess I should figure out how to recompile mod_perl.  Is that fairly simple?

If you've not installed a custom perl, there's no reason to recompile
mod_perl, which is decidedly non-trivial and often provided by your OS
so compiling your own would be a nightmare.

If you're *certain* that the perl you used to build and install RT is
the same perl provided by mod_perl, go ensure that permissions are
correct for the web user to see Symbol::Global::Name.

You may also consider using one of the fastcgi deployment options.
We've found them to be significantly less awful than mod_perl in most
production environments.

-kevin