[rt-users] How do I make a custom field with values not equal to names ?

Al Joslin allen.joslin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 16:18:19 EDT 2014

I am wishing that RT supported CustomFields in a way other than Name == Value

This makes it impossible to have a CustomField showing a bunch of Names whose Values are [for example] integer Object IDs

In my case I have to store billing rates for service calls, supporting multiple external service organizations with multiple rates

It's going to look stupid because you can only have one (1) option in the final menu

ServiceOrg == ServiceOrg -> RatePlan == RatePlan -> Cost $ == Cost $

A cascade of two would be fine -- but it's impossible, right?

ServiceOrg == ServiceOrg -> RatePlan == Cost $

Am I stuck with mashing the cost into the rate plan string and extracting that with code anytime I need the value ?

ServiceOrg == ServiceOrg -> RatePlan, Cost $ == RatePlan, Cost $

thanks
al;

Oh, another thought just occurred to me as well -- what happens in the future when Rates change ?   I don't want to have changes to the available rates change the amount's that were applied in the past !!  Is there any way to set an option within a CF to disabled ?  (exists but cannot be selected)