[rt-users] Difficulty implementing LDAP/AD Authorization

Rezty Felty rfelty at adknowledge.com
Wed Jul 30 11:28:01 EDT 2014

I have a new install of RT 4.2.4 running on Centos 6.4 64 bit with Apache 2.2.15.  I have installed RT::Authen::ExternalAuth and Net::LDAP, and have configured my /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm with the right server address and LDAP user and password, and added Set( @Plugins, qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth) ); to the file /opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm.  I have restarted https, restarted the entire server, but i continue to see the same results, e.g. I can log in to RT with the default installed root account, but when I try any AD user, it fails, and the error I receive in both /var/log/messages and /var/log/httpd/error_log is the same:  “FAILED LOGIN for <user> from <serveraddress> (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:811)

Any suggestions on where to begin troubleshooting this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rezty Felty
Senior Linux Administrator
Adknowledge