[rt-users] segmentation fault with ExternalAuth

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 31 11:29:34 EDT 2014

On 07/31/2014 03:34 AM, Maurice Sienema wrote:
> I've installed a brand new debian wheezy box, added RT 4.2.6, but after
> enabling  the ExternalAuth extension Apache is segfaulting and won't
> start until the extenstion is disabled again.
>
> the config used for externalAuth is working on our older ( 4.0.5 ) RT
> install.
>
> Anyone got a clue what is causing the segfaults ?

Previously when we've seen segfaults, they've been due to openssl being
linked into two different parts of the system, and not interacting well
together.  I've seen a previous report of this, but have been unable to
replicate.  At a guess, is your ExternalAuth connection using ldaps://,
are you using mod_perl, and is your Apache listening on https:// ?

The short-term fix is to switch to fastcgi, from mod_perl.
 - Alex