[rt-users] Matching Custom Field to DB Entry

Scott McCall scott.mccall at compfitness.com
Thu Jul 31 16:23:19 EDT 2014

Hello,

I apologize if this is not the correct way of posting questions, I'm still relatively new to RT.

Just looking for some advice/guidance on the best way to use RT to populate a custom field from a database entry.

We currently have a "extract info" template that goes through and extracts info from an incoming email and populates our custom fields with that info.  That works great.

What we're looking to do is to set up a database, and cross reference the extracted info with the DB to populate another CF.

The example would be: a street address is extracted from an email (regex), and we then check the database to find out what delivery route this address is associated with, then automatically populate the "route" CF if it find a match.

Scott