[rt-users] creating tickets with CF values without ModifyCustomField right

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Mon Jun 2 08:44:14 EDT 2014

Hi,

is it possible to create tickets with CF values for users that don't
have the ModifyCustomField right?
Currently if fails with "Permission Denied" in
RT::CustomField->AddValueForObject().

We have some users that use the RT WebUI to create tickets and must
enter on ticket create some CF values.
The same users also have ShowTicket (and ShowQueue) right to get later
some informations about the ticket history.
This users are don't allowed to change CF values later on the tickets,
so I can't give them the ModifyCustomField right.

It is also not obvious that you have to grant users the
ModifyCustomField right to be able to create tickets with CF values, as
they want to *Create* values and not *Modify* values.
As there isn't an CreateCustomField(Values) right I think at least for
ticket create it would be better if SeeCustomField would be sufficient
to create tickets with CF values.

Chris