[rt-users] RT Database pruning before moving to new server

Lists lists at lolling.org
Thu Jun 5 13:01:29 EDT 2014

On my current production system it looks like the majority of the space
is being taken up by the attachments table and then the sessions table.

+---------------------------------------+-------+--------+-------+------------+---------+
| CONCAT(table_schema, '.', table_name) | rows  | DATA   | idx   |
total_size | idxfrac |
| rt3.Attachments                       | 3.91M | 14.32G | 0.10G |
14.42G     |    0.01 |
| rt3.sessions                          | 0.16M | 2.26G  | 0.01G |
2.27G      |    0.00 |

So I guess I need a query to delete any attachments that I no longer
need.  I am guessing it would be any attachments (and associated
resolved tickets) past a certain date.

Unfortunately we do not have a data retention policy in place so we have
at least 6 or 7 years worth of closed tickets in the database.