[rt-users] using HTTPS: RT complains about $WebPort

Christian Lyra lyra at pop-pr.rnp.br
Tue Jun 10 20:33:10 EDT 2014

Hi,

I just hit the same problem today. But my case is slight different, because
my RT is behind a NAT/Apache proxy, and I have users outside and inside
that network.  It also complained about a possible cross-site requestr
forgery but setting @ReferrerWhitelist solved it.

So it's not possible to have RT accept requests on two or more web ports
without complaining?

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Alex Peters <alex at peters.net> wrote:

> I don't think RT can be configured that way.
>
> Consider setting up RT for port 443 only, and setting up the web server to
> redirect requests on port 80 to identical locations on port 443.  This
> should deliver the same end user experience with the benefit of "coaxing"
> users to move over to port 443.
> On 07/06/2014 10:54 am, "Florin Andrei" <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:
>
>> After opening port 443 and enabling SSL in the web server, RT complains
>> all the time about this:
>>
>> [warning]: The requested port (443) does NOT match the configured WebPort
>> (80).  Perhaps you should Set($WebPort, 443); in RT_SiteConfig.pm,
>> otherwise your internal links may be broken.
>>
>> Yes, $WebPort is set to 80 in RT_Config.pm, it's the default value. But
>> right now I have both 80 and 443 open, and a mix of clients using both. Is
>> there a way to tell RT that both ports are okay?
>>

>> --
>> Florin Andrei
>> http://florin.myip.org/
>> --