[rt-users] using HTTPS: RT complains about $WebPort

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Jun 10 20:59:28 EDT 2014

On 2014-06-10 17:14, Alex Peters wrote:
> I don't think RT can be configured that way.
>
> Consider setting up RT for port 443 only, and setting up the web
> server to redirect requests on port 80 to identical locations on port
> 443.  This should deliver the same end user experience with the
> benefit of "coaxing" users to move over to port 443.

That's what I ended up doing, because I was thinking to do that anyway,
and now the warning messages have stopped.

I still think there should be a setting somewhere that says "BTW, if you
get requests on this extra port, that's okay too, don't complain about
it". Oh well, it works now, so I'm not worried about it anymore.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/