[rt-users] GPG related question about RT data in the database

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 14 11:59:44 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I'm playing around with GPG integration in RT and once grasped the
concept of keys and configuring server side and client side it seems to
work beautifully. Reading the docs I came across the following and don't
understand what its meaning/use case is.
AllowEncryptDataInDB: allows encrypted data in the database.

While having this set or unset I don't see any difference in the
contents of the attachments table contents.

RT-4.0.13 without any customizations. (upgrade is in the pipeline), user
has more than sufficient privs.

Can someone explain what its use case is and how to use it?

Joop