[rt-users] custom field mandatory

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 17 14:58:42 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 11:47:10AM +0000, Zawada Łukasz wrote:
> When i create ticket from the web it's all ok. When mandatory custom filed it's empty a get "Input must match [Mandatory]"
> But when i create ticket from email i could write comments/corespondence, change the queue, without any warning.

RT's custom fields are only Mandatory in the UI.  There is no core way
to set Custom Fields during email creation, even if there was, we'd
have to bounce emails saying "use this arcane format to set some
custom fields for your support request"?

You may be interested in this to ensure CFs are set prior to a ticket
being resolved.
https://metacpan.org/release/RT-Extension-MandatoryOnTransition

-kevin