[rt-users] Dashboard Help

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 17 15:14:08 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 11:52:00AM +0100, Guy Baxter wrote:
> I'm looking to create a custom dashboard, similar to the way in which
> "QuickSearch" functions. I would like it to display a list of queues, and then
> show how many tickets are New, Open, Stalled for each queue.
>
> In the query builder I seem to be stuck at the getting RT to count the total
> number of tickets per status, rather than just the total number of tickets.
>
> I have the following:
>
> Query:
> Queue = 'SW_Bugs' OR Queue = 'SW_Incoming' OR Queue = 'SW_Projects'
>
> Format:
> '__QueueName__',
> '__Status__'

That's just going to list the tickets with Queue Name and the Status.
If you click on Chart, in 4.2 the default is to group/count by Status,
you can further group by Queue and then save that and stick it on your
dashboard.

You may find this helpful
http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/charts.html

-kevin