[rt-users] email disabled for ticket

Hugo Escobar hescobar at afslc.com
Wed Jun 18 12:42:52 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 01:23:47PM -0400, Hugo Escobar wrote:
> >  I found this thread and have a few questions:
>
> Unfortunately, this thread appears to be unrelated to your problems.
>
> > On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Kevin Falcone <[1]
> falcone at bestpractical.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >     On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 02:26:19PM +0000, Edsall, William (WJ) wrote:
> >     >    Under `People' it says that the user (requestor)'s email is
> `disabled
> >     for ticket'. It says
> >     >    this just after his email address on the Requestors line.
> >     >

> > We would like that to happen on our end but don't know how to implement
> it. In
> > our case,
> > when a requestor is disabled it simply does not show that requestor under
> > 'People' in Ticket/Display.html
> > On the other hand, Ticket/ModifyPeople.html shows the disabled requestor
> but no
> > indication about
> > the status
>
> You're confusing a Disabled requestor with a Squelched requestor who
> has been configured to not receive mail for this ticket.
>
> > In our case, the 'Modify who receives email ' section just shows this
> text:
> > 'The checked users may receive email related to this ticket depending on
> the
> > action taken. Uncheck users to stop sending email to them about this
> ticket.'
> > but no checkboxes or any other input field ...
> >
> > Sys Info about our instance:
> > OS: Centos6
> > RT version: 4.2.2
> >
> > I tried everything in user's access control (on/off):
> >     - Let this user access RT, and
> >     - Let this user be granted rights (Privileged)
> >
> > I also browsed RT_Config up and down but nothing seems to control this
> > particular behaviour or I'm missing something ...
>
> Guesses?  You use only TransactionBatch scrips.  You have no scrips
> or users that would get mail on that ticket.  You do not have
> ShowOutgoingEmail.
>
> -kevin
>
> --
> RT Training - Boston, September 9-10
> http://bestpractical.com/training

After doing a clean install of RT I saw the normal behaviour in RT which is
to show 'disabled for ticket' when the email has been unchecked under
the 'Modify who receives email ' section.

At some point this stopped happening on my system. I managed to isolate the
cause and it seems to be the database.

Thanks for your help

--
Regards,

Hugo Escobar

 <http://www.associationfinancialservices.com/>

4770 Biscayne Blvd, Ste 700
Miami, FL 33137

main: 305.677.0022
support: 305.921.4620
email: hescobar at afslc.com

Follow us on Facebook and Linked-In
 <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miami-FL/ASSOCIATION-FINANCIAL/64952991864>
   <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/1006276>

NOTICE: This email and any attachment to this email may contain
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not review, retransmit, convert to hard copy, photocopy, use or disseminate
this email or any attachments to it. If you have received this email in
error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete this
message. Please note that if this email contains a forwarded message or is
a reply to a prior message, some or all of the contents of this message or
any attachments may not have been produced by our firm. *As our firm may be
deemed a debt collector, if your payment is in default, we may be
attempting to collect a debt on behalf of the association, and any
information obtained may be used for that purpose.*