[rt-users] Question about Asset extension

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 18 14:33:47 EDT 2014

On 18-6-2014 15:02, Albert Shih wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Basic question about Asset extension before I try to installed it.
>
> Can I use Asset extension to manage supply ? I mean (for example) I got a
> 20 ink cartridges.
>
> Can I put this 20 cartridges inside RT Asset, and each time some requestor
> ask through RT I can « add » this asset and I got only 19 cartridges after
> I close this ticket ?
>
> So basically can I use Asset inside RT to manage supply.
>
> Regards.
>
> JAS
I'm using RTx-AssetTracker but it should work too on the bestpractical
Assets. I use a script which reads the amount of time entered on a
ticket, could be any customfield, and then find the Asset that belongs
to it and subtracts the time from the time the client bought.
So yes with a bit of perl scripting it shouldn't be too hard.

Joop