[rt-users] rt-remind script problem

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jun 19 12:34:53 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 07:46:56AM +0000, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:

> As you can see, it would call "/usr/lib/sendmail -oi". I found out that it
> should be calling "/usr/lib/sendmail -t -oi" so that sendmail picks the address
> of the recipient from the message itself. Otherwise, sendmail expects to find
> the address of the recipient as a command-line argument.
>
> The strange this is that it gets the command line from RT configuration (you
> can see it at line 136 of the script), and RT is sending emails corectly.
> And even stranger is the fact that this script has worked for years.

In RT we automatically add/remove the -t as needed.  If you use
sendmailpipe (the default) we add on -t, if you use sendmail, we
remove the -t.  Although we documented removing the -t when changing
your MailCommand, users did not, so it was seen as better to just do
it automatically as needed.  This change landed in 4.2.0.

You should contact the author so their code can be updated to be 4.2
compatible.

-kevin