[rt-users] fcgi read timeout error in 4.2.5

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 24 15:02:32 EDT 2014

On 06/24/2014 02:21 PM, Shawn Plummer wrote:
> Not sure what this really tells me.
>
> Our DBA is looking into the database side. Apparently It is blocking
> itself going against the 11g database. Sessions are blocking other
> sessions. We are looking into any possible database parameters new to
> 11g that cause this behavior to be different from our production 10g RT
> database.

Sounds like it's indeed related to session locking.  You can try
switching to on-disk sessions and see if it resolves the issue:

    Set($WebSessionClass, "Apache::Session::File");

However, we'd also be interested to hear what your DBA discovers about
the deadlocks, as this issue may well bite other Oracle users, and we'd
like to resolve it.
 - Alex