[rt-users] How to map a MySQL session ID to an user/IP

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Jun 27 14:41:51 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 06:22:57PM +0100, Francisco Amaro wrote:

> Is there any way we can map that particular MySQL session ID to an IP or an RT
> user ?

Since nobody connects directly to mysql, there's no connection from
the session ID to an IP (or an RT user).

You can look for very large session blobs and use rt-session-viewer to
look inside them and see what query was run to generate them (since on
your old and unsupported version of RT, RT stores full ticket lists in
the sessions, this will find queries that return lots of tickets).

If you upgrade to 4.2, you can have indexed full text search.

-kevin