[rt-users] Ran update, custom fields cause issues.

Robert Shaker rshaker at ARDENCOMPANIES.COM
Fri Jun 27 16:50:30 EDT 2014

Thank you for your response,

The issue appears every time someone puts data in a custom field, whether the field is provided by RTx::Tags or not. I will submit the patch to the author post-haste. Either way, the patch only edits the quicksearch functionality, as the actual custom field functionality still works fine with the vanilla plugin.

I just tested removing the Tags extension from the RT_Siteconfig and clearing the mason cache, so it is likely not related to the addon.

If it is any help, I am running Ubuntu 12.04 on Apache2 using MYSQL.

I also just tried running cpan -l | grep -i "html::mason::commands" and it appears I do not have the module installed. Is this an RT dependency? Running make testdeps returns "ALL dependencies have been found".

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 2:48 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Ran update, custom fields cause issues.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 01:37:03PM -0400, Robert Shaker wrote:
> When I updated the server the other day (from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5) I also
> ran the command “cpan-outdated –p | cpanm “ to update my perl modules
> to the latest version.

Didn't this reinstall RTx::Tags with a version that doesn't work?
BTW - you should send your patch to the RTx::Tags author.

> [27698] [Thu Jun 26 15:27:49 2014] [error]:
> RT::CustomField::_CanonicalizeValue
> Unimplemented in HTML::Mason::Commands. (/opt/rt4/share/html/Elements/
> ValidateCustomFields line 99)
>

> If anyone could help me with figuring out the issue here it would be
> greatly appreciated, as I am completely stumped. My solution so far
> has been to completely disable custom fields.

Does this happen only with your RTx::Tags CF or with the normal core CF too?

-kevin

ARDEN
A Global Company
Celebrating over 50 years of making your life more comfortable!

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.

This OUTBOUND E-mail and Document(s) has been scanned by an Antivirus Server.