[rt-users] Bad URL formation after search a ticket

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 4 15:03:13 EST 2014

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 08:44:54AM +0000, GARCIA PEREZ, Alberto (Alberto)** CTR ** wrote:
> What files do you need?
> I attached the RT_Siteconfig.pm and the apache.conf in this email.

You should know that your apache.conf doesn't actually contain your RT
apache configuration (it sucks in configuration from elsewhere in the
Debian package).

> >    I have just upgrade de RT from 3.6.6 to 4.0.4

Was your old RT located at the root of the server or did it also use
/rt/ ?

Also, now that we know you're using Debian packages, at least grab the
ones from backports so you have 4.0.19 rather than 4.0.4 from 2011

> >    I have an issue with a bad formation in the URL when I search for some tickets.
> >
> >    To reproduce the issue, I search a ticket or use the quick search. Then I click on the ticket
> >    title and I can't go into the ticket.
> >
> >    My correct URL is:
> > http://159.23.30.240/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=3638
> >
> >    But it shows: http://159.23.30.240/Ticket/Display.html?id=3638

If this happens on every search, rather than just some searches, I
assume you either have a bogus DefaultSearchResultFormat in your
config (but the config you sent says you don't have that).
Alternately, you could have a bogus personal search format.

Go check Tools -> Admin -> Tools -> System Configuration and search
for your DefaultSearchResultFormat, is should have __WebPath__s in it.

If it only happens for you, or only happens on some searches, there
are different problems it could be.

-kevin