[rt-users] Questions regarding email functionality

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 4 15:05:11 EST 2014

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 08:35:39AM -0800, James wrote:
> I've inherited managing our organizations RT (4.0.10) system from an out
> going employee. Now every time the previous guy would do anything
> administrative (upgrading ect...) he'd pretty much dump every prior email
> notification RT ever sent in our inboxes and I am hoping to avoid doing that
> so:

That's an amazing feat.  Nothing in a normal RT upgrade or
configuration change would do that.

Start at http://docs.bestpractical.com

> 2.) Would something as simple restarted the httpd service cause this to
> happen.

No.

Mail in RT is handed off to your MTA immediately.  Re-sending that
email means someone is rerunning all the transactions or has a bad
mail queue that they're flushing or something similarly awful.

-kevin