[rt-users] Suppressing transactions for EscalatePriority

Gareth Dawson gd250 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 05:14:55 EST 2014

We automatically increase priority on our tickets daily, and the history of these tickets gets crowded with transaction messages from rt-crontool.  Also the LastUpdated date is set by rt-crontool, so not as useful as it should be for seeing when users actually updated the ticket.

I found a similar posting of this issue back in 2011
http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2011-July/071792.html

Kevin Falcone suggested LinearEscalate (as this can be silent) or patching EscalatePriority with the silent feature from LinearEscalate.  LinearEscalate doesn't work for us, as we don't make much use of due dates.

So attached is a patch for EscalatePriority (RT version 4.0.18) that lets you use --action-arg "RecordTransaction: 0, UpdateLastUpdated: 0" to make EscalatePriority not record a transaction or update LastUpdated.

This was pretty much a copy and paste job from LinearEscalate, so thanks to the authors of that.

Hopefully it'll be of use,

All the best,
Gareth

--