[rt-users] Automatic generation of RTAddressRegexp, is that feasible ?

Vegard Vesterheim vegard.vesterheim at uninett.no
Fri Mar 14 03:39:34 EDT 2014

One of the things I find cumbersome when establishing/removing RT
Queues, is to update the RTAddressRegexp variable.

I hacked the script generate-rtaddresregexp so that I can supply a set
of extra email addresses which our RT queues are accessible via. Whenever
we add a queue, I temporarily remove RTAddressRegexp from the configuration,
run this script, and do an cut-and-paste of the result into the
configuration.

I was thinking that the set of extra email addresses could be added to
the configuration, and then the process of generating RTAddressRegexp
could be done automatically by RT itself.

Is this feasible, or are there any other ways of simplifying this task?

 - Vegard V -