[rt-users] Automatically Set "Let this user be granted rights"

Chris Ditri Cditri at experi-metal.com
Wed Mar 19 12:51:42 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am using RT 4.0.2, which is stable in Debian Squeeze.

I have external auth set to authenticate against AD.  The problem I'm running into is that people who are logging in with AD accounts do not have the "Let this user be granted rights" box automatically checked, and therefore, they are not getting the permissions that I have set to the everyone group.

I have set up the everyone group as per the docs so that they should be able create tickets and to search for tickets for which they are the requestor.  As it stands right now, AD users login, and they cannot do either (can't do anything, really).

In order to check this box, an AD user must first login. We have many end-users working 24/7 on 5 different shifts, there is no way to coordinate this, so I really need the system to just allow an AD user to inherit the permissions of the everyone group upon first login.

How can this be achieved?

Thank you.

-Chris

Christopher Ditri
Manager, Information Systems
Experi-Metal Inc.
6385 Wall Street
Sterling Heights, MI 48312
Phone: (586) 977-7800
Fax: (586) 977-6981
www.experi-metal.com<http://www.experi-metal.com/>

[cid:image002.png at 01CF4371.FA218560]<http://www.experi-metal.com/>

Connnect with Us!  [cid:image003.png at 01CF436A.2A49D5B0] <http://www.twitter.com/experimetalinc>   [cid:image004.png at 01CF436A.2A49D5B0] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Experi-Metal-INC/150560074972339?v=app_4949752878#!/pages/Experi-Metal-INC/150560074972339?v=wall>   [cid:image005.png at 01CF436A.2A49D5B0] <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/73915>

DISCLAIMER: This message, including all attachments and/or linked documents, is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain privileged, proprietary and confidential information. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited without permission from the author. This notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement. If this message has been received in error, please destroy the original message and all copies without reading it and notify Experi-Metal Inc. immediately via telephone at (586) 977-7800.

WARNING: This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22 U.S.C. 2751, et seq.) International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Disclosure of any technical data to foreign persons without prior U.S. Government authorization is strictly prohibited. Violations of these laws and regulations are subject to severe criminal penalties.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.