[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth + mod_ssl = core dump

Dewhirst, Rob robdewhirst at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:01:21 EDT 2014

I can get RT up and running just fine using LDAP with
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth.  But as soon as I shut down the server and
install mod_ssl, apache won't restart, segfaults.

Similarly, I can install mod_ssl just fine but as soon as I install
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth and add the known-working LDAP server config
to RT_SiteConfig.pm, same problem.

I'll be honest that I haven't debugged an apache crash for years.

Since I am not even sending the SSL virtual host to RT (the
DocumentRoot for the SSL host is the default apache /var/www/html) I
am not sure what could be conflicting.

I am happy to provide logs but the RT, and apache error logs don't
seem to have anything relevant.