[rt-users] RT 4.2 packages in Debian experimental; RT debian users in general

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 5 07:46:39 EDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 01:36:41PM +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I meant to send this round a while ago but evidently forgot.
> RT 4.2 has been in Debian experimental for a few weeks and I'm looking
> for testers and general feedback, especially if you are familar with
> RT in Debian already. Please bear in mind that experimental means
> experimental, and although I think the packages are close to being
> ready, they still might eat your data.
>
> I'm especially interested in hearing how upgrades (in test environments)
> from your RT 4.0 installs work out.
>
> I'm also interested in hearing about people who are using RT
> from wheezy-backports; in particular whether you would be interested in
> RT 4.2 appearing there soon, or whether you would want to stick with
> RT 4.0. This might affect how we manage the release of RT4.2 into the
> world. The most likely scenario is that RT 4.2 is released as
> request-tracker4, as per the experimental packages, which somewhat
> cuts of the maintenance path for RT 4.0 in wheezy-backports - but
> we could look at providing a separate semi-official repository for people
> who want to RT 4.0.
>
> If you send feedback to the list, please copy me in at dom at debian.org.

request-tracker4 4.2.3-2 has now been uploaded to Debian unstable and
should migrate to testing after 10 days if no serious problems are found.
All the above about wheezy-backports still applies.

All of the core dependencies of RT 4.2 are now in wheezy-backports so you
can test out the 4.2.3-2 by downloading the .deb files manually and then
running apt-get -f install to resolve the missing dependencies (I don't
recommend doing this on a production system!)

Dominic.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Section
IT Services, University of Oxford