[rt-users] Config setting

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon May 12 16:48:41 EDT 2014

On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 06:06:43PM -0400, Joe Kirby wrote:
>    I am experiencing rather poor performance when I try to open a ticket. We are also seeing
>    search results paint the screen very slowly in chunks.
>    My sys admins do not see anything in the system or db indicating why this would be. We have
>    observed a large number for our transactions (6,403,137) and groups (1,830,636)
>    I noticed that a line in my config, which is not in my test system, that I cannot understand
>    what it may want me to do.
>    Any suggestions very welcomed.
>    Thank You
>    Joe
>    It is
>
>     QueueCacheNeedsUpdate                               '1399672643'

This is not part of your config, if you read the name of the box it is
in on the System Configuration page, it is a Global Attribute.  It
tells RT when to flush the cache of Queues that a user sees (because
something has changed).

I find it doubtful that this is relevant to your performance problems.

Your admins can turn on StatementLog by setting it to 1 and looking
in the web UI to get a sense of what queries are running on particular
pages.  They can also enable MasonX::Profiler as documented in
RT_Config.pm to see what parts of a page are specifically slow.

Both of these should be done on a development server.

-kevin