[rt-users] Scrip to stop jobs in RT being created if they don't originate from a specific domain

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu May 15 16:17:50 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 08:35:10AM +1000, Carl Windus wrote:
>    I'm interested in having RT only auto create jobs that come from a specific domain, e.g.
>    *@[1]foo.com. I imagine this can be done in a scrip (complete newbie to the scrip'ing process
>    though). Has anyone done this before, and if so, can you point me in the right direction?
>    Appreciate any thoughts/comments.

Scrips run after a ticket is created, so while they can change the
ticket status, they can't actually stop creation.

Stop it before you call rt-mailgate by having your MTA bounce or
dispose of mail from unauthorized senders.  It's much easier to do it
there, rather than deal with writing an RT MailPlugin.

-kevin