[rt-users] Problem sending email from Reply

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri May 16 11:08:31 EDT 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 09:27:22AM +0200, "Tamás, Szép" wrote:
> We at CERT-Hungary are using a very old version (3.0.12) of RT with the
> IR plugin. Recently I installed RT 4.0.18 with IR 3.0.2, using Ubuntu
> 12.04.4 LTS on a separate server. Copied every configuration items from
> the old version to the new what I thought to be important. Made some
> improvements and changes as well.

What configurations did you copy.  Did you change the Scrips?

> Do not plan to migrate data since it
> is very problematic due to the huge change between the two versions.

Which problems, we've walked a few clients through upgrading from that
vintage of RTIR, keeping their data intact.

> Everything seems to be working fine... except one very important thing:
> 'Reply' function does not send email to the sender, neither does 'New
> investigation' to the correspondent.

These are both standard built-in features of RT and RTIR

> The strange thing is that RT receives emails and even sends but only to
> CCs, BCCs, One-time CCs and One-time BCCs.

You claim to not be putting yourself in as the Requestor (thus
avoiding NotifyActor), please show the debug logs when sending mail
that should notify the Requestor.  This is most easily accomplished by
Set($LogToScreen,'debug'); and then going and reading your Apache
error logs.

-kevin