[rt-users] Column order in tables after upgrade from 3.6.10 to 4.2.4

LABANJ2 at nationwide.com LABANJ2 at nationwide.com
Fri May 16 17:02:00 EDT 2014

Distinguished RT-Users,

After running upgrade_database (I am upgrading from 3.6.10 to 4.2.4) I
have some problems (e.g., [Search Tickets] times out in the browser, but I
admit that I did not do a whole lot of testing yet). What I found is that
some columns in the schema.Oracle script in the 4.2.4 distribution, and
the columns in the tables in the database after conversion from 3.6.10 to
4.2.4, are in a different order.
For example, in the schema.Oracle for 4.2.4:
CREATE TABLE Queues (
        id                      NUMBER(11,0)
                CONSTRAINT Queues_Key PRIMARY KEY,
        Name                    VARCHAR2(200) CONSTRAINT
Queues_Name_Unique UNIQUE NOT NULL,
        Description             VARCHAR2(255),
        CorrespondAddress       VARCHAR2(120),
        CommentAddress          VARCHAR2(120),
        Lifecycle               VARCHAR2(32),
        SubjectTag              VARCHAR2(120),
        InitialPriority         NUMBER(11,0) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
        FinalPriority           NUMBER(11,0) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
        DefaultDueIn            NUMBER(11,0) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
        Creator                 NUMBER(11,0) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
        Created                 DATE,
        LastUpdatedBy           NUMBER(11,0) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
        LastUpdated             DATE,
        Disabled                NUMBER(11,0) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL
);

In the actual table after conversion to 4.2.4:
Column Name:
ID
NAME
DESCRIPTION
CORRESPONDADDRESS
COMMENTADDRESS
INITIALPRIORITY
FINALPRIORITY
DEFAULTDUEIN
CREATOR
CREATED
LASTUPDATEDBY
LASTUPDATED
DISABLED
SUBJECTTAG
LIFECYCLE
Of course, if data are always retrieved as hashrefs for rows it should
have no impact, but if they are retrieved occasionally as arrays, it may
be a problem ...

Should I worry or look elsewhere?
Jan Labanowski
labanj2 at nationwide.com