[rt-users] Perl broken?

Sears, Mark Mark.Sears at GDIT.com
Mon May 19 13:45:17 EDT 2014

Sorry I am running V 3.8.7...and I realize it is not officially supported.  Thought I would see if anyone had run into this error before.  I did, as you suggested already, and installed the DateTime::TimeZone from cpan but still get the error.

Thanks,
Mark Sears - CISSP-M.S. IA
Principal Information Security Analyst

12249 Science Drive Suite 160
Orlando, FL 32826
office: (407) 541-4062
fax: (407) 380-3823
mark.sears at gdit.com
www.gdit.com

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 1:40 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Perl broken?

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 01:07:41PM +0000, Sears, Mark wrote:
>    I am receiving the following error when I go into Preferences>About me:
>    Error during compilation of /opt/rt3/share/html/Elements/SelectTimezone:Can't locate
>    DateTime/TimeZone/OlsonDB/Rule.pm in...
>
>    Also mentions issue with TimeZone::Africa::Abidjan.
>
>    I have run fix deps; test deps; rt-test-deps script and from cpan>
> installed TimeZone module

You forgot to mention your RT version, but since you have /opt/rt3 in your error patch, I'll mention that no release of RT3 is currently supported.

RT can optionally use DateTime::TimeZone if installed (it's not a required dependency of RT) but something must be wrong in your older version of RT.  You likely need to install DateTime::TimeZone from cpan

-kevin