[rt-users] Problem sending email from Reply

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu May 22 16:36:48 EDT 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 11:39:05AM +0200, "Tamás, Szép" wrote:
> > RT thinks that problem_sender at acme.com isn't a valid email recipient.
> > Please show the Correspondents page for ticket 53 and the user page
> > for that user to confirm they are set up properly.
>
> The Correspondents page shows that the correspondent is me (???) as a
> user. Remember, I was logged in as root, not as Tamas Szep. Next to my
> name is: '(no email address)' Hmmm...

So, you have no email address, so RT cannot send you email.
This makes this an invalid test.

> Owner: GovCERT-Hungary
> Correspondents: Tamás Szép (no email address)
> CC:
> Admin CC: Group: DutyTeam EDUNET
>
> I don' know why the Admin CC is EDUNET when I selected GOVNET by the way.

Dunno, depends what you've done to the Constituency CF in your
configuring.  Please read:
http://bestpractical.com/docs/rtir/3.0/Constituencies.html

> > Additionally, you should not make the RTIR email address the AdminCc
> > of the IR queue.  This is causing RT to send mail to itself which has
> > to be detected as a bounce loop and dropped.
>
> Where can I change that?

Tools -> Configuration -> Queues -> Queue Name -> Watchers

-kevin