[rt-users] Fwd: Login persistence

Rory rclerkin at gmail.com
Fri May 23 12:47:20 EDT 2014

> Should the RT user record still contain the user's (LDAP) email address
> as the Username to log in with?

I'm not quite sure, maybe somebody else can weigh in here.
On my own install I have I've tried a few different changes in the
RT_SiteConfig.pm but wasn't able to log in with an email address (we
normally use the user account name). It may be that the username is saved
in the RT database on the first login.

##################
 'attr_match_list'       =>      ['Name', 'EmailAddress'],
'attr_map'              =>      {

    'Name'          =>      'sAMAccountName',

    'EmailAddress'  =>      'mail',

    'Organization'  =>      'company',

    'RealName'      =>      'cn',

    'NickName'      =>      'extensionAttribute1',

    'ExternalAuthId'=>      'sAMAccountName',

    'Gecos'         =>      'sAMAccountName',

    'WorkPhone'     =>      'telephoneNumber',

    'Address1'      =>      'streetAddress',

    'City'          =>      'l',

    'State'         =>      'st',

    'Zip'           =>      'postalCode',

    'Country'       =>      'co'

    }
                                                },

I've tried different combinations of removing 'Name' from the
'attr_match_list' and changing 'ExternalAuthId' to use 'mail' in the
'attr_map'.

Kind regards,
Rory

Rory