[rt-users] Auto Resolve Aged Tickets - Custom Email Template

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Nov 3 17:10:06 EST 2014

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 01:21:05PM -0700, wrender wrote:

> -  If we manually resolve a ticket, this should send out one email template
> -  If there is an aged ticket, we want it to auto resolve, and then send out
> a different custom template (I can get the tickets to auto resolve no
> problem with rt-crontool, but I can't find out how to make it send a custom
> email template when it auto resolves).

I'd use two separate statuses and change your On Resolve scrips so
that two exist, one that says "If going from specific status to
Resolved, send this template" and the other which says "If going from
any other status, send this template".

Changing templates in a single scrip based on ticket properties is
non-trivial.

-kevin