[rt-users] How to move an existing database to a new server

Vas vk247 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 04:21:44 EST 2014

Hi Kevin,
once again thank you for your reply.

So If understood correctly:

1)/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --action drop database (drop the existing
rt4 database which I created when first install rt4.2.9)
Followed this guide
http://binarynature.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/install-request-tracker-4-on-ubuntu-server.html
so I have done initdb and don't need to do again?
2)/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --action create database,acl (create a new
database with acl)
3)gunzip -c rt-mydump.sql.gz | mysql -uroot -p rt4
4)/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --action upgrade

On step 4 I get Error: Couldn't read dir './etc/upgrade' with upgrade data

Having a read around, this error comes up if you are not running from the
extracted source directory.
But my understanding was that /opt/rt4/sbin is the correct location because
step 1&2 work with no problems.

Thank you
Vas