[rt-users] Multiple Custom Fields menu items to split up custom fields

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Tue Nov 18 09:43:05 EST 2014

 Le 17/11/2014 à 12:02:35-0500, Kevin Falcone a écrit
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 11:26:58AM -0500, Chris Hall wrote:
> > Is there a way to make multiple menu items for custom fields, and then split my
> > custom fields into those separate menu items?
> >
> > For example: A queue I'm working on will have around 30 custom fields. They are
> > topical, so they'd like to break it up into groups of about 4 or 5 with a title
> > on each. So in my mind instead of the red bar that says "Custom Fields" on the
> > ticket, there'd be like.. 4 or 5 of them with 4 or 5 custom fields under each
> > menu item when making a ticket.
>
> You've just described Custom Field Groupings, a new option in the 4.2
> series.
>
> http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/RT_Config.html#CustomFieldGroupings
> http://blog.bestpractical.com/2013/10/whats-new-in-42-grouping-custom-fields.html

Is possible to have exact samething (using same configuration I mean) in
the selfService ?

Because actually after creating those group everything is fine inside the
user interface, but with the requestor selfservice interface it's still
nothing about the group, so the interface is pretty illegible.

Regards.

JAS

--
Albert SHIH