[rt-users] unordered mismash of upgrade instructions
jrhett at netconsonance.com
Wed Nov 26 17:32:17 EST 2014
Hey guys and gals, been a long time.
I’m doing an upgrade from 3.8.5 to 4.2. It seems to be going well. I’m liking the changes. Glad to see RTFM integrated. My one big question here that I think the documentation could definitely improve upon, is what order to do the changes in? There are changes in every one of these pages and there’s no clear outline for which ones go first.
I build the new installation on a new system so I’ve done a test upgrade the following way — totally just guessing which things to do in which order. Can someone take a moment to validate if I did it right?
1. Loaded a backup of the running system's database, renamed to rt4
2. Installed apache2 and mod_perl2, set up vhost according to https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/web_deployment.html
3. Download 4.2.9, extract, ./configure --with-web-handler=modperl2 --with-web-user=apache --with-web-group=apache
4. sudo make fixdeps
5. make install
6. perl etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl rt4 rt_user password > ~/update.sql
(read and saw only changes to utf8)
7. mysql -u rt-user -p rt4 < ~/update.sql
8. Cleanup from UPGRADING-3.8
$ cd /opt/rt4
$ perl -I /opt/rt4/local/lib -I /opt/rt4/lib etc/upgrade/shrink_transactions_table.pl
$ perl -I /opt/rt4/local/lib -I /opt/rt4/lib etc/upgrade/vulnerable-passwords
$ perl -I /opt/rt4/local/lib -I /opt/rt4/lib etc/upgrade/vulnerable-passwords --fix
$ perl -I /opt/rt4/local/lib -I /opt/rt4/lib etc/upgrade/split-out-cf-categories
9. Database upgrade
$ perl -I/opt/rt4/local/lib -I/opt/rt4/lib sbin/rt-setup-database --action upgrade --prompt-for-dba-password
$ perl -I /opt/rt4/local/lib -I /opt/rt4/lib etc/upgrade/upgrade-articles
$ sbin/rt-validator --check
$ sbin/rt-validator --check --resolve
I’m thinking that perhaps step 8 should have been done before 6 and 7, but it seems to have worked and it displays the tickets and seems to operate properly.
+1 (415) 999-1798
Net Consonance : net philanthropy to improve open source and internet projects.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rt-users