[rt-users] Can't locate object method "MailDashboards", post upgrade to 4.2.7

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Wed Oct 1 12:43:08 EDT 2014

I just upgraded a 4.2.3 installation to 4.2.7, and rt-email-dashboards
suddenly broke, and now the cron job emails messages like this to me
every hour:

> [1591] [Tue Sep 30 21:00:03 2014] [critical]: Can't locate object method "MailDashboards" via package "RT::Dashboard::Mailer" at/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-email-dashboards line 96. (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT.pm:393)
> Can't locate object method "MailDashboards" via package "RT::Dashboard::Mailer" at /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-email-dashboards line 96.

Oddly, running it by hand works just fine - it only fails when invoked
from cron.
This is a pretty standard CentOS system, cron's execution environment is
pretty normal, and hasn't changed.

Is this a known issue, or it there something obvious I should be doing?
I didn't see anything in the README about this for upgrades - and I
reiterate, it was working fine under 4.2.3, and broke immediately after
upgrading to 4.2.7.

Thanks,

--
-Adam Thompson