[rt-users] How to correctly dump metadata other RT environment?

Markus.Wildbolz at eu.magna.com Markus.Wildbolz at eu.magna.com
Tue Oct 7 07:45:47 EDT 2014

Hi guys!

I'm trying to move all customizations I did in our productive environment
to our test environment (on a clean, fresh installation).
I do not want to transfer the complete database because I dont need the
tickets (and all the other stuff like transactions, etc.). So I thought
the right way is to use the rt-dump-metadata program.
If I try to import the metadata-file through rt-setup-database into the
test-environment I get errors and the configuration is not transferred
successfully!

Could someone of you give me an explanation, what the definite steps for
moving this metadata are?
My approach was the following:

Export:
rt4/sbin/rt-dump-metadata -a -s > metadata.xml

Import:
rt4-devel/sbin/rt-setup-database --action drop
rt4-devel/sbin/rt-setup-database --action create,schema
rt4-devel/sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert --datafile
../rt4/metadata.xml

Did I miss a step? I don't know if I have to do --action acl,coredata
first or not. However, I get many different errors.

I'm using two completely separated instances of RT 4.2.7 with MySQL 5.5.38
on Debian 7

Would be fine, if someone has some input for me! I will try the
recommended steps and get the definite error messages for you
afterwards...

Greetings,

Markus Wildbolz